You are going to write a personal essay. Your first assignment for me was a personal essay, You told me the story of your life as a reader and writer. This next piece can be from any other angle. The only requirements are:
- it is from your perspective
- it aims to capture the truth of the event(s) and experiences
- it is contemplative and reflective
What could it look like?
- it could be a narrative; a telling of an event or story
- it could be a reflection on a topic (like life as a left-hander; as Jewish; as a worrier, etc.)
- it could be about a relationship you've had or had
- or something else
Your first draft is about discovery and "getting it down." So don't worry too much about what it's going to become, just "get it down" on the paper/screen.
Use your writer's notebook for ideas, if you're unhappy with the one you're working on.
We will be working on this draft next week, so you need to have something "down" by the end of class.
Just write. And then keep writing. Remember: all that typing sounds like rain,.